You possibly can export Android contacts in varied file codecs reminiscent of CSV, VCF, XLSX, and many others. that are supported by Microsoft Excel. Every file kind has its personal benefit. For instance, VCF is usually used to export contacts because it additionally helps images and audio to export ringtones. Whereas CSV is used extra extensively in several companies. Right here’s easy methods to export contacts out of your Android cellphone to Microsoft Excel.
Export Android Contacts to Microsoft Excel
1. Utilizing Google Contacts
The default contacts app on many Android telephones is the Google Contacts app. However to export contacts from the Google Contacts app, first, you want to guarantee that your contacts are in sync along with your Google Account. To try this:
1. Open Google Contacts app in your cellphone and faucet on the profile icon on the high proper nook.
2. Within the pop-up, choose the Contacts app settings choice.
3. Now faucet on Google contacts sync settings.
4. Right here, be sure you have enabled the Additionally Sync machine contacts choice. It’ll sync your machine contacts to Google contacts. This selection must be turned on by default although however we need to make certain.
5. You too can import contacts from a SIM card to Google Contacts with the third choice.
6. As soon as completed, you might be all good and might begin exporting contacts. To try this, open contacts.google.com in your cellphone or desktop.
7. Faucet on the Hamberger menu on the high left nook. Then choose the Export choice within the sidebar.
8. If you wish to export only some contacts, hover above the contacts you need to export and allow the checkbox beside it to pick out the contact. Now faucet on the Kebab menu (three-dot menu) and choose the Export choice.
9. It’ll open the Export contacts pop-up the place you select between chosen contacts, all contacts, starred contacts, or incessantly contacted contacts. Select the class you need to export.
10. You possibly can choose both Google CSV or Outlook CSV as file codecs. Each of them will work with most spreadsheet apps. However if you wish to particularly import them into one other Google or outlook account, then select the respective file format.
11. As soon as completed, faucet on the Export button to export the contacts in CSV format.
Now open the CSV file in Microsoft Excel to see all of your exported contacts.
You possibly can export straight from the Google Contacts Cell app too. The one distinction is it helps VCF file format as an alternative of CSV. Right here’s easy methods to export contacts from the Google Contacts Cell app. Simply choose the Repair and handle tab within the backside bar, then choose the Export to file choice. Give a reputation and faucet on the Save button.
You can not export solely chosen contacts from the Google Contacts app.
2. Utilizing the Samsung Contacts App
Much like Google contacts, you may as well use Samsung contacts to export contacts in VCF file format.
1. Open the Samsung Contacts app and faucet on the Hamberger menu on the high left nook.
2. Within the sidebar, faucet on the Handle contacts choice.
3. Right here, choose the Import or export contacts choice.
4. Now faucet on the Export button below the Export contacts heading.
5. Choose the Inner storage or SD Card choice to export contacts to that space for storing.
6. As soon as completed, faucet on Export.
7. This may begin exporting your contacts within the VCF file format.
3. Utilizing the Contacts to Excel app
If you don’t use a Samsung cellphone or the Google contacts app, search for the export choice within the OEM’s contacts app. If lacking, you’ll be able to depend on the third-party contact export app known as Contacts to Excel to get the work completed.
1. First set up the Contacts to Excel app from the Play Retailer.
2. Now faucet on the cog icon on the high and choose all of the contact knowledge that you just need to embrace within the CSV file whereas exporting.
3. Now return to the earlier display screen and choose the wanted file format. I chosen CSV, for instance. You possibly can select between CSV, VCF, XLSX, and PDF.
4. As soon as chosen, faucet on the Besides Contacts choice to export all of the contacts.
5. Now grant permission to the app to entry your contacts and file storage.
6. As soon as completed, you’ll be able to open the file utilizing any spreadsheet app on the cellphone or switch it to your desktop and begin engaged on it.
Android Contacts to Microsoft Excel
All these file codecs additionally work on different spreadsheet companies like Google sheets, Libra Workplace, and many others. You possibly can desire any file format in keeping with your liking. However as famous, CSV is extensively common and works on many functions. Whereas XLSX is Microsoft Excel’s official file format. Anyhow, the tip outcome isn’t a lot totally different when you open the file in Microsoft Excel. As contacts are delicate knowledge, it’s a good suggestion to password shield your Excel file. If in case you have contacts printed on a paper, you’ll be able to simply convert them in Excel sheet.