Chromebook isn’t a conventional desktop working system. For instance, there is no such thing as a native app help. Most functions like Reflector and Crew Viewer don’t work on ChromeOS. Nevertheless, you may make the most of internet apps, Android, and Linux apps on ChromeOS to reflect your Android cellphone on Chromebook.
Find out how to Mirror Android Telephone to Chromebook
Let’s begin our journey with the net app.
1. Vysor (Wired)
Of all accessible choices on ChromeOS, Vysor feels native and easy as it’s a internet app. Additionally, each the setup course of and mirroring steps are simpler than different options I discovered and examined.
1. Open Vysor obtain web page and choose the Browser choice to open the net app.
2. Contained in the app, click on on the Set up button within the Omni bar to put in the Vysor internet app in your ChromeOS machine.
3. In your Android cellphone, open Settings > About cellphone and faucet on construct quantity or Developer choices 7 instances to allow developer choices.
4. Now get again to the Settings web page and open Developer choices. Right here, allow the toggle beside USB Debugging.
5. Join your Android cellphone to your Chromebook utilizing a USB cable.
6. As soon as linked, click on on Join USB Gadget button on the Vysor app.
7. Within the pop-up, choose your linked Android cellphone, then click on on Join.
8. As soon as accomplished, your cellphone must be linked to the Vysor internet app. Simply faucet on the Play button to begin mirroring the linked Android cellphone to your Chromebook.
Your Android cellphone will start mirroring to the Chromebook in a brand new tab. You may even management Android immediately from the Chromebook itself utilizing a linked keyboard and mouse.
- Can management the cellphone immediately from the Chromebook
- No separate app is required to be put in on Android
- No account is required to be created anyplace
- Arrange course of is quick and the connection fast
- Easy and lap-free expertise
- Can solely mirror by means of a wired connection
- Must allow USB Debugging in your Android cellphone.
- Can mirror the show solely, sound will play from cellphone
2. AirDroid Forged (Wi-fi)
AirDroid Forged can also be an online app much like Vysor. What separates AirDroid Forged from Vysor is that it helps wi-fi mirroring, subsequently you don’t need to activate USB debugging both, that are the 2 drawbacks of Vysor. Anyhow, the setup course of with the Airdroid forged is a bit prolonged.
1. Obtain the AirDroid Forged in your Android cellphone from the Google Play Retailer.
2. Open the Airdroid Forged internet app in your Chromebook. Right here it is best to see a QR code on the net web page.
3. Be sure to attach each the units to the identical Wi-Fi community.
4. As soon as accomplished, click on on the scan icon within the digital camera app in your cellphone after which scan the QR code displayed on the browser.
5. Alternatively, you may also enter the code displayed on Chromebook within the app to attach.
6. As soon as linked, Airdroid forged will begin casting the Android display onto the Chromebook.
- Works wirelessly
- Together with the show, it will probably additionally switch sound and microphone choice
- The sign-in choice will not be obligatory
- Organising for the primary time is simple
- No have to allow USB Debugging
- Can’t management the cellphone immediately from the Chromebook
- Want to put in an app on the cellphone
- A bit prolonged course of as it’s a must to hook up with the identical Wi-Fi, open apps on each units, and proceed the method
3. Display screen Mirroring by Inshot (Mirror on Android TV)
That is an Android app and is generally used to display mirror on Android TV units. However, the app additionally permits you to mirror your Android display in a browser, so you may mirror your Android display on any machine that has a browser and connects to a Wi-Fi community. Word that the app will not be free. It is advisable improve for $4.99.
1. Set up the Display screen Mirroring app from the Play Retailer.
2. Open the app and click on on the Browser Mirroring choice.
3. Click on on Be part of Professional and improve. You even have the choice to observe a 30-second advert to unlock the function each time you wish to use it however that’s too cumbersome.
4. Be sure to are linked to the identical Wi-Fi community in your Chromebook. As soon as accomplished, you will note a hyperlink that you could open in your Chromebook.
5. Now open the Chrome browser on Chromebook and enter the hyperlink supplied within the app.
6. That’s it. You should use begin mirroring the Android show on Chromebook.
- Merely join any machine to the identical Wi-Fi community to make use of cellphone mirroring with only a URL
- Wi-fi connection
- Can hook up with a number of units on the similar time
- Can’t management the cellphone immediately from the Chromebook
- Must Set up an app on the cellphone first
- Want to observe a 30-second advert each time or improve to Professional plan
- Can solely mirror the show, sound will play from the cellphone itself
4. Scrcpy (Desktop App)
Scrcpy is for you if as an alternative of utilizing the net and Android apps, you prefer to work with an actual desktop software. Although the setup course of is prolonged, you may management your Android cellphone immediately from Chromebook. In comparison with different Android cellphone mirroring apps, Scrcpy gives extra choices like setting the decision for easy mirroring and altering the bitrate if wanted. Sadly, scrappy doesn’t have a graphical person interface. As an alternative, you management it from the Linux terminal on ChromeOS.
1. First allow Linux in your Chromebook. To do this, choose the time icon on the backside proper nook after which click on on the Cog icon to open Settings. Within the settings, scroll down and click on on the Activate the button beside the Linux surroundings.
2. Click on on the Set up button to proceed the setup course of to put in Linux in your Chromebook.
3. Now press the Search button on the keyboard and seek for the Terminal app and open it.
4. Now run the command under to replace all of the Linux packages.
sudo apt-get replace
5. As soon as up to date, run this command to put in Scrcpy.
sudo apt-get set up scrcpy
6. Now it is advisable to set up dependencies which are required to run Scrcpy.
sudo apt set up adb ffmpeg libsdl2-2.0-0 make gcc pkg-config meson ninja-build libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libsdl2-dev
7. Now go to GitHub, scroll all the way down to the Property part, and click on on scrcpy-server-v* to obtain it.
8. Now create a folder known as Scrcpy by clicking on the three-dot menu and deciding on the New folder choice.
9. Then run this command to put in the Scrcpy server in your Chromebook.
sudo set up scrcpy-server-v1.jar /scrcpy
10. Once more, return to the GitHub web page and obtain the Supply code zip file below the Property part.
11. Unzip it by right-clicking on the zip file and deciding on the Unzip choice.
12. Transfer the extracted folder into the Linux folder and into the Scrcpy folder you simply created in step 8 above.
13. Now run these instructions in the identical order.
meson construct --buildtype launch --strip -Db_lto=true -Dprebuilt_server=../scrcpy-server-v*.jar
Within the place of * use the Scrcpy server model. For instance scrcpy-server-v24.jar
That’s it. Now you should use Scrcpy. In your Android cellphone, allow the USB debugging within the developer choices menu like we noticed earlier.
Join your Android cellphone to your Chromebook with a USB cable. Open the Terminal and run the command under:
sudo apt set up adb
Now run this command to begin Scrcpy.
This could begin mirroring your Android machine on Chromebook. The setup course of is sophisticated and prolonged, however you don’t need to repeat the identical steps each time. As soon as accomplished, simply join each the units and run the above command.
- Can modify decision and bitrate from Terminal
- Can report the Android display whereas mirroring it
- Possibility to regulate immediately from the desktop with a keyboard and mouse
- A prolonged and complex setup course of
- Whereas Scrcpy can work with cable and wirelessly, it solely works with a cable on Chromebook
- Linux apps could be a bit useful resource intensive on funds Chromebooks
- Can management the app from Terminal solely
Mirror Android on ChromeOS
As an alternative of mirroring your Android cellphone to ChromeOS to make use of an app, you may truly obtain Android apps immediately on ChromeOS from the Play Retailer. If Play Retailer isn’t accessible within the app drawer, open the ChromeOS Settings and click on on Activate button beside Play Retailer. This could allow Play Retailer and can help you set up and use Android apps immediately on Chromebook. However if you happen to do wish to mirror your Android cellphone to ChromeOS, I like to recommend Vysor as it’s simple to arrange and likewise has the choice to regulate your cellphone immediately from ChromeOS. Nevertheless, you can not go flawed by selecting another app as they’ve their very own benefits.