For those who just lately switched from a OnePlus or Apple iPhone to a Google Pixel cellphone, you could be lacking the bodily change that places your cellphone on silent. Luckily, there are different straightforward methods to mute your Pixel cellphone. You are able to do it utilizing quantity buttons, Don’t disturb, energy and quantity keys, fast faucet, and so on. Let’s verify all of the strategies intimately to place Google Pixel telephones on silent.
Find out how to Mute Google Pixel Telephones
1. Utilizing Quantity Buttons
The quantity buttons on the aspect of your Google Pixel telephones supply a simple method to mute ringtones and notifications as proven under.
1. Press the Quantity up or down button to open the amount slider.
2. Faucet on the bell icon on the prime of the slider to see the sound modes.
Then, faucet on the bell icon with a bar to place your Google Pixel on silent mode. This may flip off calls and notification sounds together with vibration. Alternatively, press the vibration icon to place your cellphone in vibration mode. Which means, your cellphone will vibrate for calls and notifications with out sound.
Professional Tip: Faucet on the three-dot icon under the amount slider to alter particular person volumes for media, name, ring, and alarm. Additionally, learn the way to set totally different volumes for every app.
2. Utilizing Do Not Disturb
If you wish to customise the silent mode in your Pixel cellphone, the Don’t disturb (DND) mode is a superb choice. You may create exceptions for folks, conversations, apps, kinds of notifications, and even schedule DND in order that it prompts routinely on the set time.
1. To allow DND, go to Settings > Sound & vibration > Don’t Disturb.
2. Faucet on Activate now.
A quicker method is to open the short settings panel which might be accessed by swiping down twice from the highest edge. Then, faucet on the Don’t disturb tile to allow it.
Tip: You may have DND turned on routinely if you end up driving or at bedtime.
3. Utilizing Flip to Shhh
The Flip to shh characteristic is among the easiest methods to quickly silence your Pixel cellphone. When Flip to shh is enabled, you should flip your cellphone over and place it on a flat floor to activate Don’t disturb mode. The Don’t disturb mode will stay energetic so long as your cellphone’s display screen is going through down.
If you flip or flip the cellphone in direction of your self, the DND mode will routinely flip off. This characteristic is impressed by our behavior of inserting our telephones face down on a flat floor to cover incoming calls.
To allow and use this characteristic, comply with these steps:
1. Open Settings in your Pixel cellphone.
2. Go to System > Gestures.
3. Faucet on Flip to shhh gesture and allow the toggle subsequent to Use flip to shh.
4. Everytime you need to set off Don’t disturb mode in your Pixel, put the cellphone face down on a flat floor.
Tip: Learn to get Pixel options on any Android cellphone.
4. Utilizing Forestall Ringing
You may mute the Google Pixel telephones or put them in vibration mode by urgent the Energy and Quantity up buttons collectively. This characteristic is called Forestall ringing on Pixel telephones.
Notice: This characteristic doesn’t work on Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Professional.
1. Open Settings in your cellphone.
2. Go to System > Gestures.
3. Faucet on Forestall ringing and allow the toggle subsequent to Use forestall ringing. Right here you may resolve whether or not your cellphone ought to be put in vibration or mute mode. Choose the suitable choice.
Please take into account that if you’re utilizing the Energy button to launch Google Assistant, then this characteristic is not going to work, and Forestall ringing choice will seem grayed out. To repair it, faucet on Press and maintain energy button simply above the Forestall ringing choice and disable Maintain for assistant.
4. With the characteristic enabled, press the Energy + Quantity up button to activate the chosen mode.
5. Utilizing Fast Faucet
On Pixel 4a (5G) and later telephones, you may take the benefit of Fast Faucet characteristic to mute your cellphone. Sadly, mute isn’t a default choice for Fast Faucet. Nonetheless, you may set up a third-party app that can immediately put Pixel on silence mode whenever you faucet twice on the cellphone’s again.
1. Set up the Mute app from Play Retailer.
2. Open the app as soon as to permit entry to settings.
3. Go to Settings > System > Gestures.
4. Faucet on Fast faucet to start out actions and allow the toggle subsequent to Use Fast faucet.
5. Scroll down and choose the Open app choice. Then, press the Settings icon subsequent to it.
6. Select the Mute app that you just put in in step 1 from the record of apps.
7. Now, everytime you need to silence your cellphone, faucet twice on the again of your cellphone.
6. Utilizing Widget
Google Pixel telephones run on Inventory Android that allows you to add a settings widget to the house display screen from which you’ll entry the specified setting rapidly. We will likely be utilizing the identical widget to place Pixel on mute.
1. Contact and maintain an empty house in your Pixel’s dwelling display screen. Choose Widgets or Add widget from the choices.
2. Scroll down and search for the Settings widget. Contact and drag the Settings shortcut widget to the house display screen. The record of settings will present up. Faucet on Sound & vibration.
3. Subsequent, faucet on the newly created widget on the house display screen. You’ll attain the Sound & vibration settings display screen. Lower the Ring & notification quantity to the bottom stage to silence calls and notifications.
7. Utilizing Guidelines
You may silence your Google Pixel cellphone based mostly on location or a selected Wi-Fi community utilizing the Guidelines characteristic.
1. Go to Settings > System > Guidelines.
2. Allow the toggle subsequent to All the time permit location for guidelines. Then, faucet on Add rule.
3. Underneath the Do the next part, choose the motion for the rule i.e., what you need the rule to do. Let’s say Set cellphone to silent.
4. Then, faucet on Add Wi-Fi community or location adopted by selecting the specified choice based mostly on which you need to silence your cellphone. Faucet on Add.
Now, every time you might be at a specific location or linked to the Wi-Fi community, your Pixel will likely be muted routinely.
8. Flip off Vibration
If you want to disable vibration for incoming calls, go to Settings > Sound & vibration > Vibration & haptics > Vibrate for calls. Choose By no means vibrate.
Have a good time Pixel
I hope you have been capable of put your Google Pixel on silent utilizing the above strategies. After getting some free time, try the very best apps for Pixel telephones. And, if you’re going through points with the Pixel Digicam app, learn to repair the app.