Getting fixed notifications throughout working hours can hamper your productiveness. Whenever you allow Messages on Mac, you’ll obtain normal textual content and iMessage in your Mac. Whereas you should use Deal with Mac to show off alerts, it’s not probably the most logical route as you would possibly miss essential notifications from work apps. As a substitute, you should use the tips under and switch off Message notifications on Mac.
Disable Message Notifications on Mac
First, we are going to present you flip off textual content forwarding out of your iPhone to your Mac and use different tips to customise Message notifications on Mac to search out an optimum stability.
1. Disable Textual content Message Forwarding on Mac
In the event you don’t wish to verify unimportant textual content messages in your Mac, disable textual content forwarding in your iPhone. Right here’s how.
1. Open the Settings app on iPhone.
2. Scroll to Messages.
3. Scroll to Textual content Message Forwarding.
4. Disable your MacBook from the next menu.
Now, your iPhone gained’t ahead common textual content messages to your Mac.
2. Flip off Messages Notifications
You may fully flip off Messages alerts in your MacBook. The trick will disable regular messages in addition to iMessage on Mac.
1. Choose the Apple icon within the high left nook.
2. Open the System Preferences menu.
3. Choose Notifications & Focus.
4. Scroll to Messages from the left sidebar.
5. Disable Permit Notifications toggle.
You gained’t obtain any notifications from the Messages app now. So it is best to usually verify the Messages app to not miss any essential alerts on the Mac.
3. Use Focus Mode on Mac
You ought to be cautious when enabling Deal with Mac. You need to exclude work apps from the Focus mode to get real-time notifications from Slack and Microsoft Groups, for instance. Right here’s how one can arrange Deal with Mac.
1. Open System Preferences on Mac.
2. Go to Notifications & Focus (consult with the steps above).
3. Slide to the Focus menu.
4. Choose a Focus profile that you just regularly use in your Mac.
5. Click on Apps below Allowed Notifications from the menu. Click on + icon.
6. Choose your most-essential apps from the next menu.
Whenever you allow Deal with Mac, you’ll solely obtain notifications from chosen apps. macOS will not disturb you with pointless notifications from the Messages app.
4. Disable iMessage on Mac
You may disable the operate should you don’t want iMessage on Mac. When you disable iMessage on Mac, you’ll proceed to obtain new messages in your iPhone and iPad. Observe the steps under to disable iMessage on Mac.
1. Open the Messages app on Mac.
2. Choose Messages within the menu bar.
3. Open Messages Preferences.
4. Choose iMessage.
5. Click on the Signal Out button and make sure your resolution.
5. Flip off Messages Notifications from Chosen Contacts
When a selected contact spams you with dozens of alerts all through the day, you may conceal alerts from the particular person within the Messages app. Right here’s how.
1. Launch Messages on Mac and open a dialog you wish to mute.
2. Choose the information (i) button within the high proper nook.
3. Allow checkmark beside Disguise Alerts.
4. You can too two-finger click on on a dialog and choose Disguise Alerts from the context menu.
Now you can ignore irritating contacts within the Messages app.
6. Block Contacts within the Messages App
The trick above solely hides alerts from chosen contacts. In the event you finally wish to cease notifications from them, comply with the steps under and block a contact within the Messages app.
1. Open the Messages app on Mac.
2. Go to the iMessage menu in Messages preferences (consult with the steps above).
3. Transfer to the Blocked tab.
4. Click on the + icon and choose the contacts you wish to block.
You gained’t obtain messages or calls from the chosen contacts on the Mac or iPhone.
Get the Job Achieved With out Disruptions
Pointless message alerts all through the day can spoil your workflow. Earlier than you might be left with unfinished duties day-after-day, comply with the steps above and disable Messages notifications on Mac very quickly.