Google Calendar is arguably the preferred calendar service amongst Android customers. It will probably robotically sync your calendar knowledge throughout units and ship notifications to remind you of upcoming occasions. Nonetheless, if Google Calendar notifications usually are not working in your Android, you might wish to deal with the problem straight away. If the same old methods, comparable to restarting the app or telephone, haven’t labored out, under are some efficient troubleshooting ideas you’ll be able to make use of. So, let’s test them out.
1. Verify In-App Notifications Settings
You can begin by verifying Google Calendar’s in-app notification settings to make sure that alerts usually are not disabled from there. Right here’s the right way to do it.
1. Within the Google Calendar app, faucet the menu icon (three horizontal strains) within the prime left nook and choose Settings from the checklist.
2. Faucet on Normal and scroll right down to allow the change subsequent to Notify on this machine.
2. Verify System Notification Settings
Subsequent, it is advisable to be sure that the Google Calendar app has permission to ship notifications in your Android. Right here’s how.
1. Lengthy-press on the Google Calendar app icon and faucet on the information icon from the menu that seems.
2. Go to Notifications and allow the change subsequent to Present notifications.
3. Subsequent, go to Notification classes, and ensure all notification sorts are enabled.
3. Allow Sync for Google Calendar
For those who disable sync for Google Calendar, the app will fail to fetch knowledge from the servers and also you gained’t obtain any notifications.
Observe the steps under to allow sync for Google Calendar.
1. Open the Settings app in your telephone and navigate to Accounts and backup.
2. Go to Handle accounts and choose your Google account from the next menu.
3. Faucet on Sync account and allow the change subsequent to Google Calendar, if it isn’t already.
4. Permit Background Information Utilization to Google Calendar
An absence of related app permissions may also forestall Google Calendar from working within the background. As an illustration, in case you’ve beforehand enabled knowledge restrictions for the Google Calendar app, it is going to fail to sync any knowledge once you’re not utilizing it.
To keep away from this, you have to enable background knowledge utilization to the Google Calendar app.
1. Lengthy-press on the Google Calendar app icon and faucet the information icon from the menu that seems.
2. Go to Cell knowledge. Then, allow the switches subsequent to Permit background knowledge utilization and Permit knowledge utilization whereas knowledge saver is on.
5. Disable Battery Restrictions for Google Calendar
Just like knowledge restrictions, enabling battery optimization may also forestall Google Calendar from working within the background. Therefore, you have to disable it.
1. Open Google Calendar’s app information.
2. Faucet on Battery and choose Unrestricted from the next menu.
6. Verify Date and Time Settings
In case your Android is ready to an incorrect date or time, apps in your telephone, together with Google Calendar, might encounter points whereas syncing knowledge. Because of this, you might not obtain notifications about upcoming occasions.
To keep away from such points, you must configure your telephone to make use of the network-provided date and time.
1. Open the Settings app and go to Normal administration. Then, faucet on Date and Time.
2. Allow the change subsequent to the Computerized date and time.
7. Clear App Cache
For those who’ve been utilizing Google Calendar for some time, the app might have amassed a considerable quantity of cache. And if that knowledge has turn out to be corrupted, Google Calendar won’t perform correctly. Right here’s how one can do away with that corrupted cache knowledge.
1. Open Google Calendar’s app information.
2. Go to Storage and faucet on the Clear cache possibility within the backside proper nook.
8. Replace Google Calendar
Utilizing an outdated model of the app may also result in such points. Additional, if the problem is restricted to the present app model you’re on, updating it is going to assist.
Head over to Play Retailer to obtain and set up any pending updates for Google Calendar and see if that fixes the problem.
By no means Miss an Occasion
When your main calendar fails to ship notifications, you possibly can find yourself lacking essential occasions, birthdays, and whatnot. Nonetheless, such points with the Google Calendar app shouldn’t pressure you to search for alternate options. Working your method via the options above ought to enable you to repair the Google Calendar notifications not working problem on Android.