If you’re bored with Spotify and wish to change to a different service, desire a contemporary begin with the really helpful music, or change the sign-in choice from Fb to e-mail, Google, or Apple, then your solely choice is to delete your Spotify account. Spotify by default is not going to provide you with an choice to reset the music suggestions or change your sign-in service from one to a different. No matter is perhaps your cause, right here’s how one can completely delete your Spotify account.
What Occurs Once I Delete My Spotify Account
Earlier than deleting the account, let’s perceive what occurs after deleting a Spotify account, so you can also make the appropriate name.
- After deleting, all of the artists you observe, your followers, playlists you created or added to your library, all the things can be deleted completely. Luckily, you’ll be able to again up your playlists with the assistance of providers like spotmybackup.com earlier than deleting. It’s also possible to switch your playlists to a different service like Apple Music or YouTube Music.
- You’ve got an choice to get again your account and all that information inside 7 days when you wished to.
- To create a brand new account with the identical e-mail ID, you might want to watch for 30 days. However you don’t get any information again.
- You should utilize the identical profile title and profile image, however you’ll get a brand new username. Anyhow usernames on Spotify are only a string of random letters that you just can not customise.
- You probably have a pupil low cost, you might want to watch for a yr from the day you first signed in to use it to a different account.
Having stated that, right here’s how one can delete your Spotify account.
How one can Delete your Spotify Account
Earlier than deleting your account, you might want to decide out of any paid Spotify subscription plan. To cancel your subscription.
1. Open the Spotify web site, log in and click on on the Profile choice on the prime proper nook, then choose the Account choice within the drop-down menu.
2. Now scroll right down to your Your Plan part and click on on the Change Plan button.
3. On the subsequent web page, scroll right down to the free choice and click on on the Cancel Premium button.
4. Observe the following prompts to cancel the subscription. Then lastly, click on on the Sure, cancel button to verify your Spotify account cancellation.
You can be redirected to a web page that claims “You’ve got canceled Spotify Premium”. Under it, you’ll view the tip date for the subscription. You’ll be able to make the most of your subscription plan till then.
If you wish to delete your Spotify account straight away, you are able to do it proper after canceling the subscription.
Right here’s how one can delete your Spotify account completely.
1. Open the Spotify web site, scroll down, and click on on the Help choice within the footer.
2. Now below the Account Assist heading, click on on Account settings, then choose Closing your account choice.
3. Right here, below the Don’t have premium? choice, click on on the Shut your account hyperlink. This can open the account closing web page on Spotify. Alternatively, you’ll be able to click on on the next hyperlink to open the Spotify account closing web page.
4. Right here, click on on the Shut account button to start out the process.
5. It’s going to show your username, followers, following rely, and playlist alongside along with your e-mail id and telephone quantity. In an effort to affirm the account that you just wish to shut. If it’s the identical account that you just wish to delete, simply click on on Proceed.
6. Spotify warns you that your saved music, playlist, username, and so forth. can be misplaced. Allow the checkbox beside I perceive and click on on Proceed on the backside proper nook.
7. Now Spotify will ship you a 6 digit code to your e-mail ID or telephone quantity relying on what you used to log in to Spotify. Enter the code and click on on Executed to delete the account.
You’ll obtain an e-mail or a message saying that your deleting course of is profitable.
1. How one can Delete Spotify Account on Cell?
You can not delete the Spotify account utilizing an app on cell or desktop. It is advisable to use the Spotify help webpage utilizing a browser on any platform. Simply open your cell browser and observe the steps above.
2. Why Can’t I Delete My Spotify Account?
This course of solely works for non-premium customers. So you might want to unsubscribe to Spotify Premium manually earlier than deleting the account. That is to ensure that your deleted account will not be charging you a month-to-month subscription.
3. Can I Get My Deleted Spotify Account Again?
Sure, you may have the choice to reopen your deleted account inside 7 days. With that, you’ll get again your followers, playlists, username, and all the things again. Spotify sends you an e-mail whenever you delete your account. You will discover a Reactivate My Account button in the identical e-mail clicking which is able to reopen your deleted Spotify account. After the 7 day ready interval, you haven’t any method to get again your account.
4. Can I Create a New Spotify Account With the Identical E mail or Cellphone Quantity?
Sure, you’ll be able to, however solely after 30 days of deleting your account. You probably have deleted an account that you just sign up with the e-mail, you can not create an account for 30 days with Sign up with Google, Apple, or Fb choice that’s utilizing the identical e-mail.
Regardless of your cause to delete your Spotify account, you’ll be able to simply achieve this inside a couple of minutes. Simply just remember to are unsubscribed from Spotify premium. In the event you wish to reopen your account, you are able to do it inside a 7 day time interval. To create a brand new account with the identical e-mail, you must watch for 30 days.