The Screencast app is now obtainable by default with out enabling any flags on the most recent ChromeOS 103 replace. It’s a display recorder app however comes with a number of extra options similar to the power to document your self whereas recording the display, transcription choices, a marker function to annotate whereas recording, sharing, and extra. It’s an amazing instrument for creating shows, video classes, and so on. So let’s dive into learn how to entry and use the screencast app on Chromebook, and share your screencasts from ChromeOS.
How you can Entry Screencast App on Chromebook
1. First, replace the ChromeOS to its newest model or model 103 or above. To replace, click on on the clock on the backside proper nook and choose the cog icon to open ChromeOS Settings.
2. Within the Settings app, click on on the About ChromeOS choice within the left sidebar. Right here it is best to have the ability to verify your ChromeOS model. If the model is 103 or above, you need to use the Screencast app.
3. If not, click on on Examine for updates button beside it after which click on on Replace if any updates can be found.
4. Now press the Search button on the keyboard or the Launcher icon on the backside left nook of the display to open the ChromeOS app drawer.
5. Within the app drawer, scroll down and open the Screencast app. Or, you can even seek for a Screencast to search out and open it.
How you can Use Screencast App on Chromebook
1. Open the Screencast app from the app drawer. Click on on the New screencast button on the prime to begin the recording Chromebook display.
2. You’ll enter into ChromeOS’s display recording mode. By default, it’s set to document the whole display. However you possibly can set it to document solely a portion of the chosen display or you can even choose any window to document.
4. By clicking on the cog icon, you possibly can set the audio enter gadget and webcam. You’ll be able to document audio from the mic, however the audio from the Chromebook itself can’t be recorded as of now.
5. By default, the screencast may even embrace the digital camera recording in a small circle, however you can even select to show it off right here.
6. You’ll be able to transfer the webcam view to both of the 4 corners earlier than recording.
7. After getting personalized it to your want, click on on the File button to begin recording.
8. After a three-second countdown, Screencast will start recording Chromebook’s display. If you wish to document an extended video, you don’t have to fret about your Chromebook’s storage. The video shall be uploaded to Google Drive as you document, you simply have to ensure you are linked to the web.
9. You’ll be able to cease the recording by clicking on the cease icon (pink circle) within the backside dock.
The Screencast video shall be uploaded to Google Drive, so you can’t entry the video in your native storage. However, you can’t entry the video from Google Drive both. As a substitute, will probably be solely obtainable on the Screencast app. However the movies will take up area in your Drive storage and you may entry them in your different Chromebooks too.
Draw on Display Whereas Recording on Chromebook
1. Screencast additionally has a marker choice that you need to use for annotations whereas recording the display. To annotate whereas recording with Screencast in your Chromebook, click on on the pen icon within the dock beside the cease recording icon.
2. Now you can begin drawing on the display. To erase, click on on the pen icon once more.
3. To alter the colour, right-click on the pen icon and choose a shade to vary it.
All these annotations shall be recorded within the Screencast video you might be recording. As of now, you possibly can solely use the marker function whereas recording solely.
How you can Examine and Edit Transcripts in Screencast Recordings
1. Open the video to see transcriptions routinely on the correct facet. By clicking on the transcript, the video will begin taking part in from the chosen time and transcription.
2. In case any transcription isn’t correct, click on on the kebab menu (three-dot menu) beside it and choose Edit textual content.
3. Then you possibly can edit the transcription and click on on the Save button to vary it.
4. Within the Kebab menu (three-dot menu), you can see the Skip part choice. It’s going to skip that a part of the video whereas taking part in.
How you can Share Your Screencasts on Chromebook
Sharing a screencast is as straightforward as sharing recordsdata in your Google Drive.
1. On the house web page of the Screencasts app, click on on the kebab menu (three-dot menu) and choose the Share choice.
2. Alternatively, you possibly can click on on the Share button on the prime whereas taking part in the video within the app.
3. Within the pop-up, give a reputation in your Screencast video and click on on Proceed.
4. By default, it’s set to maintain it personal, so change it to Share with others.
5. Now click on on the Copy hyperlink choice and share it with different Chromebook customers.
As these movies may be considered solely on the Screencast app and obtainable on ChromeOS units, folks with Home windows, Mac, or Linux can not view these display recordings. Additionally, folks with the earlier variations of ChromeOS can not entry it both.
Utilizing Screencast on ChromeOS
Chromebook is usually common in colleges and workplaces. Options like these could make it a lot simpler to document a lecture, presentation, or any video. It data the display and likewise the digital camera on the similar time. Because it uploads to your Google Drive, even the file measurement isn’t a difficulty. However you want to ensure that there may be sufficient area in your Google Drive.
Later you possibly can share with different ChromeOS customers by simply sharing a hyperlink. Screencast is a novel function on ChromeOS that isn’t obtainable on Home windows and Mac.