When you use Google Maps for navigation, you will have come throughout cases the place the app retains altering the route with out trigger or enter. Largely, such points solely happen when Google Maps fails to calculate your location with accuracy. Nonetheless, there may very well be different components at play. In any case, there are a number of methods to forestall Google Maps from rerouting you incorrectly in your Android and iPhone. On this submit, we’ll discuss all of them and extra. So, let’s begin.
1. Recalibrate Compass
Google Maps makes use of the magnetometer in your cellphone to establish the path wherein you’re touring. Nonetheless, if that sensor is inaccurate, Google Maps could reroute you from time to time. To repair it, you need to recalibrate the compass in your cellphone by following the steps beneath.
1. Launch the Google Maps app in your cellphone and faucet on the blue dot within the middle.
2. Now faucet the Calibrate button and comply with the on-screen instruction to make a determine 8 along with your cellphone in your hand.
You might need to carry out this gesture just a few occasions earlier than the compass accuracy improves. After that, verify to see if Google Maps remains to be rerouting you.
When you’re utilizing an iPhone, you’ll be able to allow automated compass calibration by following the steps beneath.
1. Open the Settings app and navigate to Privateness.
2. Go to Location Providers and faucet on System Providers.
3. Lastly, toggle on the swap subsequent to Compass Calibration.
2. Allow Google Location Accuracy (Android)
Enabling Google Location Accuracy permits your cellphone to make use of indicators from close by Wi-Fi networks and cell towers to enhance location accuracy. This will additionally assist resolve frequent rerouting points attributable to inaccurate location information.
To allow Google Location Accuracy in your Android cellphone, use the steps beneath.
1. Launch the Settings app in your cellphone and navigate to Location.
2. Go to Location providers and faucet on Google Location Accuracy.
3. Lastly, toggle on the swap subsequent to Enhance Location Accuracy.
3. Allow Exact Location for Google Maps
If the issue persists, you’ll be able to allow the exact location choice for Google Maps to see if that improves the scenario. The function is offered on all iPhones working iOS 14 or increased, in addition to Android telephones working Android 12 or increased. Right here’s how one can entry it.
1. Lengthy press on the Google Maps app icon and faucet on the information icon from the menu that pops up.
2. Go to Permissions and faucet on Location.
3. Allow the swap subsequent to the Use exact location.
1. Open the Settings app and scroll all the way down to faucet on Google Maps.
2. Go to Location and toggle on the Exact Location choice.
4. Clear Google Maps Cache (Android)
Like different Android apps, Google Maps saves momentary recordsdata (also called cache information) in an effort to enhance its efficiency. Nonetheless, if that information has develop into inaccessible or corrupted for some cause, Google Maps could misbehave. In such instances, you need to clear Google Maps’ cache information to revive its performance.
1. Lengthy press on the Google Maps app icon and open its app information.
2. Go to Storage and faucet on the Clear cache choice within the backside proper nook.
5. Swap to Offline Maps
Google Maps additionally permits you to obtain maps for offline use. You possibly can obtain the map of a metropolis after which use Google Maps in offline mode to navigate with out interruptions. As a result of this information doesn’t contain any real-time visitors info, Google Maps won’t search for various routes.
To navigate utilizing Google Maps offline, comply with the steps beneath.
1. Within the Google Maps app, sort within the title of your metropolis or neighborhood within the search bar on the prime. Then, swipe upwards on the cardboard that seems.
2. Faucet the three-dot menu icon within the prime proper nook and choose Obtain offline map. Then, faucet on Obtain to proceed.
3. As soon as downloaded, you’ll be able to seek for anywhere inside the metropolis and navigate with out an lively web connection.
Alternatively, in the event you don’t need to use offline maps for navigation, you may also disable your web connection after the navigation has began. It will forestall the app from receiving visitors updates and rerouting you.
Different Issues to Attempt
If not one of the beforehand talked about options work, right here are some things you’ll be able to attempt to keep away from frequent rerouting in Google Maps.
Since Google Maps depends on the web to trace your location, points along with your cellphone’s web connection may have an effect on app efficiency. Therefore, it’s really helpful that you just use the quickest web connection obtainable.
Additional, enabling a battery or information saver may prohibit Google Maps’ skill to work at full capability. Therefore, it’s finest to show them off whereas navigating.
Other than the above, it’s best to be sure that you’re utilizing an up to date model of the app to keep away from recognized bugs and glitches.
Is there an choice to disable rerouting in Google Maps?
No. Sadly, Google Maps doesn’t provide an choice to disable rerouting on Android or iPhone.
Can I create a customized route in Google Maps?
Sure, you should use Google My Maps to create and share a customized route with a number of pins.
Is Waze extra correct than Google Maps?
Though Waze is legendary for its distinctive set of options, Google Maps affords a extra complete navigation service.
In the case of navigation, Google Maps is without doubt one of the most dependable apps on the market. That doesn’t imply it’s faultless although. Often, you encounter a difficulty or two. Hopefully, implementing the information above has resolved Google Maps’ rerouting subject in your Android or iPhone and you’ll be able to navigate extra easily.