Chrome OS has many helpful accessibility options similar to ChromeVox, On-Display screen keyboard, excessive distinction mode, and so forth. However typically, the identical accessibility options can get annoying if you’re unaware of them. As an example, in case your Chromebook is speaking randomly, this could possibly be as a result of an accessibility characteristic. In case you are questioning how you can cease Chromebook from speaking, listed here are varied methods to show off voice on Chrome OS.
The best way to Flip off ChromeVox on Chromebook
ChromeVox is an accessibility characteristic that enables customers to navigate the interface by way of verbal prompts. It’s principally a sophisticated display screen reader within the type of a narrator for blind folks that reads every little thing on the display screen and helps them in utilizing Chrome OS.
In case your Chromebook is studying out each small element that’s displayed on the display screen, this could possibly be the characteristic that that you must flip off to make Chromebook cease speaking. Use the next steps to disable ChromeVox.
1. Open Settings in your Chromebook.
2. Click on on Superior within the left panel and choose Accessibility. Hit the Handle accessibility options in the fitting panel.
3. Flip off Allow ChromeVox (spoken suggestions) underneath Textual content-to-Speech.
Tip: You should use Ctrl + Alt + Z keyboard shortcut to disable ChromeVox.
The best way to Flip off Textual content to Speech on Chromebook
Chromebook gives one other display screen reader within the type of Choose to talk. This characteristic, as anticipated, reads the chosen textual content on the display screen. It’s good to manually activate it when that you must learn some textual content versus ChromeVox, which is all the time energetic.
To show off Choose-to-speak on Chromebook, comply with these steps:
1. Open Settings in your Chrome OS.
2. Go to Superior > Accessibility > Handle accessibility options.
3. Flip off the toggle subsequent to Allow Choose to Communicate.
The best way to Flip off Voice Assistant on Chromebook
Should you aren’t glad with the native voice assistant i.e., Google Assistant in your Chromebook, you may simply disable it as proven beneath.
1. Open Settings in your Chromebook.
2. Click on on Search and Assistant from the left sidebar adopted by Google Assistant on the fitting facet.
3. Flip off the toggle subsequent to On to utterly disable Google Assistant. Alternatively, if you wish to flip off the Hey Google voice command solely, then choose Off underneath the Hey Google drop-down field.
The best way to Flip off Communicate to Sort on Chromebook
Do you dislike the native voice typing characteristic on Chromebook? Usually, voice typing is energetic solely if you use the Search + D command or click on on the Dictation (Microphone) icon on the Shelf. However you may flip it off utterly as proven beneath.
1. Launch Settings on Chromebook.
2. Open Superior > Accessibility > Handle accessibility.
3. Scroll all the way down to the Keyboard and textual content enter part and switch off the toggle subsequent to Allow dictation.
Bonus: Flip off Extensions
In case your Chromebook remains to be speaking even after disabling the above voice management options, it could possibly be as a result of a third-party Chrome extension. Open Chrome browser and go to chrome://extensions. Flip off any voice management extension.
Tricks to Use Chromebook
I hope you have been capable of flip off voice on Chromebook utilizing the above strategies. As soon as every little thing is ok, find out about the perfect video games and note-taking apps for Chromebook. Additionally, take a look at 10+ tricks to make Chromebook quicker.